Monday, November 2, 2009

Little Red Riding Hood

How can you resist a Little Red Riding Hood . It only took me two days to make her costume. It mainly took a day and a half to make the cape. I kept putting the hood on backward or inside out. After that it didn't take long at all. I used 1/2 a tree skirt for the lining of the cape and hood. The Dress was made without a pattern using the tutorial from http://indietutes.blogspot.com/2007/07/peasant-blouse.html ,she has very easy instructions on make a peasant shirt and all I had to do is make it longer for her a dress, add an apron and put a ruffle on it. Clear as mud. Nor bad considering that it was all made with material on hand. So the cost was Zero.

Using the same tutorial I decided the night before halloween to make her a shirt to wear during the day. I picked up some Candy corn material that day while I was in town for 75% off . So for $ 1.50 she also got a cute shirt to wear. Can't see it but there is a ruffle around the bottom and had to add a ruffle at the cuff, the sleeves weren't long enough the first time. Notice she does a Kimberly smile. You can tell her to smile and she does that fake "Okay I'm smiling but it hurts smile." The only problem was they had to bribe her with getting candy to get her to take her candy corn off and put on her Little Red Riding Hood.

No comments: